The first edition of Good Governance in India struck a chord with readers for its refreshing approach towards making the concept clear and lucid. Being a widely discussed term in today’s political and economic quarters, the book demystifies the various theories and concepts of the term in a manner that is easily understandable.
• The book has 12 core chapters that covers the gamut of issues related to governance in India
• 20 Indian ‘Case Studies’ that highlight success stories of good governance
• Glossary of important terms related to good governance
• The Market as a principle of organisation is discussed in the chapter on conceptualising governance
• Economic currents and forces discussed in the chapter on trends of governance
• The chapter on dimensions of governance discusses how IMF includes financial policies, monetary policies and regulatory policies among such dimensions
• The chapter on regulatory governance covers agencies which regulate important sectors of the economy
• The new chapter on economic governance discusses the working of India’s macro economy, financial policies, monetary policies, recent government initiatives in the economy, etc.
• Origin, nature and structure of governance
• Trends in governance
• Dimensions of good governance
• Environmental governance
• Economic governance
• Assessment of governance
• Case Studies of Successful Governance